A&R Textil History From the garage, out into the world
The family-run business has been specialised in the manufacturing of textile products for industrial businesses since 1993. Alexander Horn, who still is the company’s CEO today, founded A&R Textil while he was at university. Today, he runs the company with his wife Bettina Horn, employing more than 400 people.
The milestones of A&R Textil
- 1993 – Founding of the company. Alexander Horn developed his first product in his parent’s basement in Krumbach by Lake Constance: a battery bag for the rehabilitation industry. Today, 25 years later, this article is still part of the company’s portfolio.
- 1994 – The first production order is placed in China
- 1996 – The production joint venture in Shanghai (China) is founded
- 1998 – Move to the first business premises in Krumbach
- 2008 – Move to the headquarters and the A&R Textil logistics centre in Neukirch
- 2010 – Founding of the subsidiary in Ningbo (China)
- 2011 – Opening of a new plant in Glogow (Poland)
- 2014 – Opening of a new plant in Yatiyantota (Sri Lanka)
- 2017 – The 400th employee was taken on.
- 2018 – Anniversary: 25 years of A&R Textil.